1. What information we collect
We collect information in two basic types:
- We collect your email address, your name, your profile picture that you voluntarily provide them to become a registered User of the Services.
- We collect information when you register to join the Services by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter) via our Service. For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. If you are not currently registered as a User on the Service and you click on “Sign in Using Facebook,” you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join TripMayor.
- We collect data from the mobile software. Our Mobile Software allows Users to access and use the Service from their mobile devices. From the Mobile Software, you also have the option to identify the location of User Content that you wish to upload to our Service. In addition, we will receive information about your mobile device model, software version and device carrier.
- We collect Log Files. Any time you visit the Site, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks). This information may be used to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. We do not share this information externally.
- We collect Cookies. We use "cookies" to keep track of some types of information while you are visiting the Site or using the Service. Cookies are very small files placed on your computer, and they allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and distinguish repeat visitors from new visitors. They also allow us to save user preferences and track user trends. We rely on cookies for the proper operation of our website. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service.
2. How we use the information we collect
- Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide. When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile or visual collection, other TripMayor Users will see your name. If you choose to provide additional Personal Information in your profile, TripMayor Users will see such additional Personal Information.
- To contact with Users. We use your Personal Information to contact you with TripMayor newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. As part of the Service, TripMayor Users may communicate with other registered and non-registered Users through use of their TripMayor accounts. Where Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from TripMayor to those email addresses on their behalf.
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- Finding friends. You also have the option to import your personal contacts (including email addresses of friend lists via SNS) to the Service so that you can find your friends on the Service, and your friends can find you on the Service.
- To make the Services better. Information about your mobile device model, software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Mobile Software.
3. How we use the information we collect
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your devices and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (includes but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Services in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
4. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile or visual collection, other TripMayor Users will see your name and additional Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your photo, hometown, travelled places and list of follows which you voluntarily engage when using the Services.
The external disclosure of information will also perform under 2 basic circumstances:
- Disclosure By Law You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend the rights or property of the Company or a third party; or (3) protect someone's health or safety.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-Personal Identifiable Information with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your Personal Identifiable Information, sometimes in conjunction with your non-Personal Identifiable Information, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share Personal Identifiable Information (such as email or registered name) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users.
5. Children’s Privacy.
TripMayor does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at support@TripMayor.com.
To serve you faster and with better quality, we use "cookie" technology on our Website. Cookies are small bits of code, usually stored on a user's computer hard drive, which enable a web site to "personalize" itself for each user by remembering information about the user's visit to the web site. Cookies can store a variety of information, including IP addresses, navigational data, server information, data transfer times, user preferences, and e-mail addresses and passwords needed to access the Website. The "Help" section of the toolbar on most Internet browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies or how to configure your browser to reject cookies altogether. If you disable cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or features of this Website and your use of the Website may be limited. The cookies used on this Website are associated with a user's Personal Data.
9. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or any of the practices described herein, please contact us at support@TripMayor.com.
Last Update: 9 October 2012